Hi! I can't believe I uploaded a 10 minute video lol. Definitely gonna try to upload in HD next time because I'm not feeling this resolution. Please bear through my rambling, I promise future videos will be less long/not as boring! I will put information about iHerb.com up soon! Thanks for watching.
NOTICE: At 1:26 Please, skip to 1:48. There was a glitch when uploading & the video essentially is frozen for 22 seconds!! 🙁
Peace! I start off this video with giving a brief update on my hair.This is my first time doing a re-twist, since I started my Locs precisely 1 month ago! In this video, I show you how you can wash Starter Locs with minimal disruption to your Locs!
I used an all NATURAL shampoo by Pura D'or:
This is the fourth Video in my Loc Journal Playlist!!! Click the link below to see my other videos regarding my locs!!
Connect w/ me!!
SNAPCHAT & IG: @TaoOfJaz ( )
2017 Update: I wash my hair at least once every 3 weeks. My regimen (which isn't really a regimen) has changed since the filming of this video:
1. I no longer do hot oil treatments. I detangle my hair in sections with a spray bottle that contains water, conditoner and some oil. I saturate my hair with enough of the mixture so that I can detangle easily with a wide tooth comb. After its all detangled, I keep the twists in and head to the shower!
2. I still wash my hair in sections…about 6 or 7.
3. I shampoo twice making sure to focus on cleaning the scalp very well
4. I try to deep condition during every wash and when I do I cover my hair with a hot wash cloth, wrap with plastic and cover with a towel to trap the heat. I leave that on for about 15 mins then rinse.
5. I style my hair in many different ways…I haven't styled my hair in two strand twists in forever. I will sometimes blowdry my hair to stretch it and style in big twists to wear a twist out.
I hope these tips are helpful to you!
Big things are coming to the channel…make sure to sign up on our website at www.manemovesmedia.com to sign up for the mailing list so you don't miss the big annoucement!
Subscribe to our Youtube Channel (www.youtube.com/mymanemoves) for the latest natural hair video tutorials, events and much more!